"Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you." --Ephesians 4:32 The Message
Dear friends and members of Saint Stephen,
I write to invite you to be part of our 4 week Lenten Book Club. As we did in the fall with Mark Alan Powell's Giving to God, we are inviting our congregation to read Pastor Adam Hamilton's Forgiveness: Finding Peace Through Letting Go together.
How do I get the book?
1) You can find a good used (or new!) copy on Amazon, Thriftbook, or even Ebay or a variety of other places one buys books on-line.
2) You can also find the book on Audible or Kindle! 3) You can borrow the book from church--please ask Pr Rebecca how!
4) We have a few more copies for sale for again for $6--again, ask Pr Rebecca!
How can I read the book?
1) You can join a book group--we have 4 starting soon! There is a sign up at church --or just show up!
a---Wednesdays starting March 20th at 10:30 am in the church library with Pr Rebecca & Dave McAlonan
b--Time and start to be determined at Dunkin' Donuts at 442 Orchard Street in Antioch with Vicky Hill
c--Thursdays starting March 14th at 5:30pm at Cafe Book with Dick Schlake
d--Thursdays starting March 21st at 7:00pm at John and Susan Cook's home at 6436 Gino Way in Fox Lake
2) If you can't join one of these groups you can start your own...just let us know when and where so we can publicize!
3) you can read the book on your own
4) you can read and discuss in an on-line format, here in this Discussion Forum.
We hope everyone will find a way to read the book--whether on your own or with others. Please join us on this Lenten journey as we celebrate the forgiveness we have in Christ and learn how to practice the freeing gift of forgiveness in our own.
Peace and grace,