Household Goods Donation Drive for "A Safe Place" on Saturday Sept 26th
Here's a great way for us to get involved with those in need in our Lake County community! Let's start finding things from this wish list and make a note to bring them to the United Methodist Church of Antioch on Saturday, September 26 from 10am - 2pm! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Our Christian Wellness Ministry (a tri-parish community ministry of three Antioch-area churches) is coordinating this donation drive to benefit A Safe Place/Lake County Crisis Center, which provides housing, court advocacy, referrals and comprehensive counseling programs for victims of domestic violence.
A Safe Place Wish List
NOTE: We, like almost every donation center these days, are still unable to accept women’s and children’s used clothing. Due to our donors seemingly unending generosity, our storage spaces are completely filled to capacity.
Full Size Toiletries
• Lotions Body Soap
• Ethnic hair care products Deodorant
• Hair brushes Perfume and Body Sprays
• Hair curling irons Hair straighteners
• New, unused make-up Hair Dryers
• Diapers, especially sizes 5 and 6 Baby powder and shampoo
• Toddler clothing Baby wipes
• Formula Bottles
• Sippy cups Diaper Rash Cream
• Microwaves, crockpots, toasters, coffee makers – Used is OK but must be clean and in good working order.
• Toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates and tissues
• Towels, extra long twin sheet sets, comforters, new pillows – Used is OK but must be clean, no stains with no worn or torn sections.
• Plates, dishes, eating utensils- Used OK but must be clean and in good condition. No chips or cracks.
• Bleach, Lysol, Dish soap, disinfectant, laundry detergent pods, toilet bowl cleaner
• Trash bags, garbage cans, paper towels, toilet paper, brooms and mops
Also needed: Gift cards, especially Visa, Target, Walmart and Sally Beauty Supply. Any amount is fine.
Donations that do not meet the standards and restrictions of A Safe Place will not be accepted: these include but are not limited to the following:
• Used clothing including bras and underwear, soiled, stained or ripped clothing or shoes
• Used car seats, toys, stuffed animals
• Hotel sized toiletries, open or expired food
• Torn, stained, soiled or heavily used linens
• Rusted, chipped, broken or soiled kitchen/ dinnerware
• Large tables and entertainment centers